Register for Camp
Registration for camp is now open! Click the button below to register.
How old must I be to attend Music Camp?
Should I have music training prior to attending?
What classes should a first-year student take?
How many classes should I plan to take?
Will I have homework?
May I change class selections after I’ve enrolled?
What choir will I sing in?
SCMC campers participate in both a mixed choir and mass mixed choir. Choir members complete a questionnaire (choir rubric) which guides the process of creating balanced choirs. Students may also participate in the Men’s and Women’s choirs if they care to do so. See the Choirs page for more details about the choirs.
How do I join the Chamber Choir?
When is the application deadline?
What are my options for lodging?
Lodging for the week is available in area homes Saturday – Saturday (8 nights) at the Virginia Camp. Rustic cabins are also available. Lodging before or after these dates may be arranged upon request. If you prefer, you may arrange your own lodging.
Application Fees are nonrefundable, and applications will be processed only after the application fee has been received.
Early Application: $85
April 1: $110
May 1: $135 Applications are accepted through May 15. We do not guarantee the availability of books and music for students applying after May 1.
Private Registration Fee: $50 Students arriving after normal registration closes on the first day of Music Camp will need to make an appointment for private registration. Students may avoid this fee by arriving on time for registration.
Tuition, Materials, & Lodging
Tuition: $330 (Due May 1)
Lodging: $100 (Due with application)
Textbooks & Music: $50-$150 (Due with application)
Textbooks and materials are available for purchase or, in some cases, rental. Exact cost will depend on the textbooks required for the classes you select and the music required for the choirs you are in. You will be given the option of purchasing or renting your textbooks and purchasing your choir music when you complete the application.
Our Certificate Program helps you plan out your studies at Music Camp.
- The first year fee:
- BASIC – $45
- STANDARD – $65
- BASIC – $45
- The annual fee for the years until the certificate is completed is $35.
- You may choose classes yourself or ask for assistance.
- Find more details on the Certificates page.
All fees are due with application.
- Application Fee: $20
- Class: $85
- Mixed Choir: $160
- Mass Choir: $50 (Includes music and folder)
- Men’s or Women’s Choir: $30 (Includes music and folder)
- Chamber Choir: $160 (choir cost) +$50 (CC application cost)
Meals are included with tuition for full-time campers. Part-time campers may purchase a meal package when filling out their application (payment due with application), or they may pay for meals purchased during the week of camp.
- Breakfast: $5
- Lunch: $7
- Dinner: $8
Tuition, Lodging, Music, and Book Fees are refundable (minus 5% transaction fees) through May 1.
Through May 15, a 50% refund will be given. No refund will be given after May 15.
If you are on the waiting list and we cannot accommodate you due to maximum enrollment, your card will not be charged.
Make Checks Payable To
SCMC Virginia, 57 S. Main Street, Suite 309, Harrisonburg, VA 22801
The dress code can catch people by surprise, so be sure to take a good look.
The goal of our dress code is to reflect the beauty of Jesus Christ in our personal appearance. We hope to promote biblical modesty and propriety, and to enhance an atmosphere of serious and disciplined study. Please follow your local congregation’s standards wherever they exceed those of Camp.
- Wear dress pants and full-button shirts with tails tucked in during the camp day. Blue jeans are allowed for recreational activities.
- Do not wear neckties
- Wear shoes.
- Keep hair neatly trimmed.
- Solid-colored black dress pants
- White long-sleeved dress shirt
- Black belt, socks, and dress shoes
- Wear dresses or jumpers without slits.
- Have sleeve lengths be a minimum of near the elbow and skirt length be at least half way between knees and ankles.
- Ensure necklines are near the base of your neck.
- Wear shoes or sandals (no flip-flops).
- Cover your hair with a veiling.
- Loose-fitting, solid-colored black dress (no pinstripes or pattern)
- Hosiery and black dress shoes
- Sleeves at or below the elbow
- Observe the guidelines as given on this page during the week of tour.