This textbook is a curriculum for teaching hymn singing. Starting from the basics of song notation, like notes and scales, and ending with the minor mode and special musical symbols, Draw Near teaches congregational singing in ten lessons. When we sing on Sunday morning, or in family devotions, or in another service, we’re not just singing—we are drawing near to a holy God in worship. Draw Near highlights this by beginning each lesson with a meditation and call to worship. Students will be centered on the purpose for singing.
- Draw Near is built especially for the needs of Anabaptist churches.
- Simultaneous shape note and round note instruction will prepare you to sing from any hymnal.
- Each lesson includes exercises that strengthen both understanding and singing skills.
- Each lesson features songs and hymns that demonstrate concepts students have just studied.
- Can be used for congregations, schools, families, and individuals.
Are you interested in the “why” of worship? Do you want to learn to sing hymns by sight? Are there songs in your hymnbook that no one can sing? Draw Near may be a valuable resource for your church, school, or family. Order 20 or more for a 20% bulk discount: $10 each!
999 in stock