Children’s Camp is a great opportunity for children and youth of ages 7-15 to get to sing. They have a choir experience where they get to sing with other children under a capable director who will make it both educational and fun. They will also get to take a class which will help them read and understand music. Children under age 7 are invited to participate in the Early Childhood Music class.
Children’s Camp is Monday-Friday, 9:20am-3:30pm. In choir, students see the music, notes, rests, and rhythms. In class, they learn what those things mean and how they work together to form a song. The teachers work hard to customize material for each age level so it’s accessible and exciting.
Camp is also a social experience. Lunches are provided, and everyone gets to eat together. Camp also includes chapel, recreation, snack and games – a welcome break from the mental work of classes and choir.
All the learning and singing during the week is pushing toward an end goal – performing at the Choral Festival, getting to share what they’ve been learning with family and other audience members. This is a highly satisfying chance to show what they did throughout the week.
What ages are allowed in Children's Camp?
Anyone ages 7-15 is welcome.
Do my children need to wear concert uniform at dress rehearsal?
Children’s Camp costs $110 CDN.
- Girls: Wear dresses or skirts that cover and extend well below the knee whether standing or sitting.
- Boys: Wear denim or khaki pants.
- All: Wear shoes or sandals.
- Girls: Wear shirts or blouses with low-cut necklines, that are tight-fitting, or that are sleeveless.
- Boys: Wear sleeveless shirts or shorts.
- All: Wear clothing with logos larger than 2” square.
- Solid-colored black pants and white shirts for boys
- Black dresses for girls. If black is unavailable, a dark solid is acceptable.