Children’s Camp is a great opportunity for children and youth ages 8-15 to get to sing. They have a choir experience where they get to sing with other children under a capable director who will make it both educational and fun. They will also get to take a class which will help them read and understand music like they learned to read and understand words when they were younger.
In choir students see the music, notes, rests, and rhythms. In class they learn what those things mean and how they work together to form a song. The class teachers work hard to customize material for each age level so it’s accessible and exciting.
Camp is also a social experience. Lunches are provided, and everyone gets to eat together. Lunch time also includes recreation and games – a welcome break from the mental work of classes and choir.
All the learning and singing during the week is pushing toward an end goal – performing at ChoralFest, getting to share what they’ve been learning with family and other audience members. This is a highly satisfying chance to show what they did throughout the week.
What ages are allowed in Children's Camp?
Ages 8-15 are welcome.
Do my children need to wear concert uniform at dress rehearsal?
- Follow camp dress guidelines as much as possible.
- Wear shoes or sandals. Do not go barefoot or wear flip flops.
- Do not wear T-shirts (boys).
- Solid-colored black pants and white shirts for boys
- Black dresses for girls. If black is unavailable, a dark solid is acceptable.
Application Fee: $20 (non-refundable)
- Children’s Camp: $90 (includes choir & music, lunches, Musical Skills class, and suppers for the Closing Weekend)
Make Checks Payable To
Shenandoah Christian Music Camp
14641 Navarre Road SW
Wilmot, OH 44689