Draw Near Video Lessons
Draw Near is a worship and music curriculum for congregations and schools. It teaches the basic skills needed to understand, read, and sing music.
With these videos, teachers can watch an experienced teacher in the classroom, and learn how to teach the curriculum.
- shape and round notes taught side-by-side
- written and sung exercises strengthen understanding
- songs and hymns demonstrate concepts and strengthen sight-reading ability
Draw Near teaches both the ear and the eye, so that students learn music both by singing and through written explanation. The videos demonstrate tried-and-true teaching techniques for less-experienced teachers to watch and implement.
The two-in-one videos features teacher and students simultaneously. Videos model strategies and exercises featured in the Teacher's Guide.
- 10 videos, one for each lesson in Draw Near
- 2 bonus videos
- Index—each musical concept is linked to where it is taught in the video